Hello everyone, it’s time again for another WordPress Plugin Review, this time it’s about the plugin– Pretty Links
There are two versions of this plugin, the Lite version (on WordPress.org) and the Pro version. While there are a ton of features for the free Lite version, there are advantages to the Pro that you may want to look into such as permanent 301 redirection for example.
What are the advantages of shortlinks?
They can help build brand awareness. It’s easier to remember:
Shortlinks have been around for a while, but this plugin does more than that, it allows you to track and customize your links that look how you want using your own domain name.
Twitter has been shortening domains for it’s users for a while now, but they look like this: http://t.co/DRo0trj
The better solution for site managers and marketers is: http://capstonecreations.com/aweber
To learn more, check out the features of this plugin from the WordPress.org Plugins Page:
- Gives you the ability to create clean, simple URLs on your website that redirect to any other URL (allows for 301 and 307 redirects only)
- Generates random 3-4 character slugs for your URL or allows you to name a custom slug for your URL
- Tracks the Number of Hits per link
- Tracks the Number of Unique Hits per link
- Provides a reporting interface where you can see a configurable chart of clicks per day. This report can be filtered by the specific link clicked, date range, and/or unique clicks.
- View click details including ip address, remote host, browser (including browser version), operating system, and referring site
- Download hit details in CSV format
- Pass custom parameters to your scripts through pretty link and still have full tracking ability
- Exclude IP Addresses from Stats
- Enables you to send your Pretty Links via Email directly from your WordPress admin
- Select Temporary (307) or Permanent (301) redirection for your Pretty Links
- Cookie based system for tracking visitor activity across hits
- Organize Links into Groups
- Create nofollow/noindex links
- Turn tracking on / off on each link
- Pretty Link Bookmarklet
More features are listed on the plugin authors site here: https://prettylinkpro.com/features/
If you like this post please let us know by sharing it. Feel free to subscribe to our blog if you would like to get future plugin reviews from us as well.
And of course, please let us know if you’d like for us to write a review by letting us know in the comments below.